Sunday, September 27, 2009

Greenwood Lake Airshow & WWII re-enactment

OK, I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing. It seems I should add my pictures first and then write the script to go along with it. Maybe next time, it will work better.







































Wow, what an awesome day. Another first for us. I had never been to an airshow so this was rather exciting. We arrived early at the airport in West Milford, NJ and enjoyed our coffee and doughnuts. Hey, we run on Dunkin too. Just ask my friends at work, I love my iced coffee in the afternoon. Anyway, back to Saturday...There was an awesome encampment of WWII re-enactors both American and German and lots of planes. When the show started they had two female sky divers jump from a plane, one with an American flag as everyone stood to the playing of our national anthem. Why you would jump from a perfectly good plane is beyond me, but it was a sight to behold. There were many performers there from bi-planes to WWII aircraft to precision flying. And Saturday was the perfect day to sit outside and watch. It was a little cool out but when the sun was shining it warmed up a bit. I did get sunburn on my face but that's ok, give it a day or two and it will fade. We took well over 100 pictures, some just clouds (boy those planes go fast) and some with just part of the plane (usually the tail) but the majority came out great, so instead of writing about I will show you in pictures...enjoy as we travel along the Thomas' Trails...

Janis & Lenny




















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment