Friday, January 21, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

Today was the longest driving day we’ve had so far. We left South of the Border shortly after 9am and put over 300 miles behind us. As we finally neared the end of South Carolina we had to drive through a dense fog that had set in over a river. South Carolina is a very long state to drive thru. I-95 can be a very boring highway, but I managed to take a few interesting pictures. Our little cat is finally getting used to traveling. Back home she would curl up on Lenny’s lap every night, well she finally is curling up with him again. As usual we also passed road construction where everyone else was standing around while one person did the work. We had seen a small camper van with a European license plate. Too small for a full-timer to live in though. We had a long day on the road and the animals made sure they let us know, especially Sammy, our older cat. When we finally arrived at the campground and let them out of their crates, he found a way to get behind the cabinets on the upper bunk and down into the cab over piece! It took us an hour to get him out. The other campers must have thought Len was crazy, banging on the outside of the RV while I’m inside shaking treats and such. That is the first thing Lenny will have to work on so it doesn’t happen again. Once that was done, I actually cooked dinner. I know, for those of you who know me, you know I don’t do well in the kitchen. Well, I made an easy dish that I used to make as a child. And that was the last time I made it. I had fried up some cube steaks, topped with hash browns and cheddar cheese. Not bad since I hadn’t made it in over 30 years. This cooking business has to stop though. I’m retired now, oh wait, so is Lenny and on our budget someone has to cook. Can’t afford to eat out everyday. Tomorrow will be an easier day on the cats. We’re going to spend the weekend at a friends house just southwest of Jacksonville, FL., a little over 60 miles from where we are now. We had met Bernie when she was full-timing with her companion. She has since settled back down and invited us to stop and visit. We’re looking forward to our “Weekend at Bernies”. Since we’ll be there a few days, I’m not sure how much I’ll write. I’ll try and keep everyone updated but it seems I’m making a lot of my northern family and friends jealous when I tell them I’m in shorts and a t-shirt while they are bracing for yet another snow storm. Thanks for traveling with us on The Thomas’ Trails…till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment