Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm Sorry

First, let me apologize for not writing sooner. I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last blogged. We enjoyed staying at Donna & Pete's for a week. They took us around to different places, but it was a pretty laid back week. We had a leak in our shower that Lenny had to fix. Nothing that duct tape couldn't take care of...actually, he used awning tape. It's clear, thick, and waterproof. Donna took me over to her mom's where we picked fresh grapefruit. Yummy. She also had found another high school friend on facebook who happened to be doing a karaoke show at a pub in Brooksville, where we were headed. We were leaving that Saturday morning for Brooksville, so we decided to meet at the bar for the show. Len and Pete were not too thrilled about going but they went anyway and the four of us had a great time. The following week is a blur...we were so busy volunteering at the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn) Rally. This was our first time attending the Southeast Area Rally in Brooksville, Fl. We volunteered to help with handicapped transportation. Golf carts are a lot of fun to drive. Len drove from 6:45 am to 9am and we both drove from 5pm till the evening entertainment was over, which was usually around 9-9:30 each night. During the day we attended various seminars. We learned from Mac the Fire Guy that you have 15-20 seconds to get out of your RV when there is a fire. That was a very informative seminar and fun. At the end, Mac took us outside and lit some fires. Then he handed four of us women different fire extinguishers and we had to put out the fires. Nobody told him I was crazy so I got to play with the extinguisher and fire! That made my day. Another fun and educational seminar was given by Jim and Chris Guld of Geeks on Tour. They had four different seminars that week. Unfortunately, I only had the opportunity to attend one of them. There's always next time. There's always time for fun at rallies like these. They had an ice cream social and a parade that I got to participate in. Sunday after the devotional service, Len and I made the short drive to Clermont, Fl where we will spend the next two weeks or so. I will not be posting blogs everyday because I'm sure you are not interested in how early or late I got up, how many cups of coffee I drank before I got going and all the boring stuff, but I promise that I will post again soon with pictures. Thanks for traveling along with us on The Thomas' Trails...till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment