Monday, October 3, 2011

RV Hall of Fame

 

IMG_4661What a beautiful day here in Elkhart, IN. We’ve met a few folks here at Elkhart Campground who were at the Gypsy Journal Rally last week in Celina. It’s always fun seeing people we’ve met along our travels. We treated ourselves to breakfast this morning at The Golden Egg Pancake House. Not much to speak of, a bit pricey. Our waitress reminded us of Len’s niece in Florida, and she had the same name! Wow, must have been her evil twin. Laughing out loud I say that only because she didn’t write our order down correctly so we didn’t get our food the way we wanted. I should have sent it back, but it was too much of a hassle so we enjoyed what we had. Then it was off to the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart, IN. WOW! Words cannot do this place justice. So many RV’s, and all in great condition for their age. I won’t even try to express in words, I’ll just post the pictures here for you to see for yourself…and mind you, the lighting was not the greatest, so not all the shots came out great. We found more Elk Art thereIMG_4827 and later in our day. It’s becoming a game for us. There are about 30 of them around the area and I think we’ve found about 6. We leave tomorrow, so I doubt we’ll find any more. Sad smile It is funny to see Lenny try to get into the left turn only lane from the right lane when I yell “ELK” and throw my hand in front of his face pointing in that direction! Smile After the RV Hall of Fame, we drove into Michigan to see our friend, Michele Henry of Phoenix Commercial Paint. If your motorhome, 5th wheel or travel trailer needs a new paint job…this is where you want to come. She does a top notch job at an affordable price. We met her through Nick Russell and she gave us advice over the phone about our class c. This year, we finally met face to face at Nick’s rally last week. Her place is five min. away from the campground we are staying at so she invited us to her shop to see her operation. We’ve seen a couple of her jobs. She’ll even repaint your car to match your rig! We’ve already sold our class c to friends, so I can’t wait to get my A, so I can come back here and have Michele paint it for me. Are you tired yet??? I am. After we left Michele’s, we went RV shopping. Well, what else would you do in the RV capital of the world? Actually, there are not as many dealerships here as there used to be, thanks to the economy. We didn’t find anything that wowed us, so we’ll keep looking. We’re on our way to TN and I’ve found a few on line I’d like to see in person. Thanks for traveling along with us on The Thomas’ Trails…till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment